Links to other associated websites:
Links to helpful resources:
Sign up for Instant H.P.D. Notifications from Nixle
(Please allow 10 days before requesting a copy of the accident report.)
Copies of self-reported accidents can be requested by mail to:
NJ Department of Transportation
1035 Parkway Ave. - P.O. Box 600
Trenton, NJ 08625-0600
Attn: Bureau of Safety Programs - Thiokol Bldg. #8
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and State of Emergency, firearms applications are being processed at a slower rate due to lack of manpower with the New Jersey State Police. Applications will still be accepted but expect extensive delays.
Use of the New Jersey Firearms Application Registration System is the primary method to complete the firearms applications. Utilize the instructions below to submit your application.
1. Visit www.njportal.com/NJSP/fars
2. Click, "Online S.T.S 033 Form".
3. Enter NJ0210800 as ORI Number. This number is for the Town of Hackettstown residents ONLY. Please be aware that there are jurisdictions outside the Town of Hackettstown which use Hackettstown as a mailing address. If you reside outside the Town of Hackettstown, contact the law enforcement agency responsible for your town to find out the correct ORI number. The application fee is non-refundable.
4. Proceed to complete the online application.
5. When completing the application, you will need the email address of 2 reputable references.
6. You will be receiving automated email updates throughout this process.
7. Once your application is complete, the Hackettstown Police Department will contact you for issuance of your Firearms ID card and /or pistol purchase permit documents. At this time, payment for these documents will be accepted at the Hackettstown Police Department (CASH ONLY).
The online application is applicant driven. Please ensure that you have entered the best phone numbers and email addresses for yourself and your references. Incorrect information entered will cause a delay in the processing of your application. Fingerprinting responses, reference responses, and other inquiries by the Hackettstown Police Department to the applicant must be completed within 60 days of the application submission.